In this chapter, we have learned:
- How to create a new package for a custom theme and integrate it into our build environment
- How to put Zope and the
portal_css tool into development mode
- That Firebug is the greatest thing since sliced bread
- How to apply new CSS in a theme
- How to re-order, hide, and register new viewlets
- How to override templates from CMF skin layers
- How to override Zope 3-style views
- How to override the rendering of a viewlet
- How to customize the rendering of a portlet
These constitute the main techniques for adding a custom look and feel to Plone. If you have not done so already, it is probably instructive to look at the code in the
optilux.theme package in detail to understand how the various pieces fit together.
We have not spent ...