Many sites demand some form of collaboration and sharing of content among a subset of users. For example, you could want to set up a workspace for a particular project or team.
Collaborative workspaces in Plone can be as simple as appropriately configured folders:
- A workspace folder could be private and thus invisible to regular members.
- A particular group could be given the local role Reader on the Sharing tab. They would thus be able to view the folder’s contents.
- The same group could be given the local role Contributor, allowing them to create new content items.
- The Restrict... option in the Add menu could be used to restrict which content types these users would be allowed to add.
- If applicable, a local workflow policy could ...