Feel the power of Spring Boot without worrying about Spring's complexity
About This Video
- Understand the microservice architecture and how this architecture drives the need for Spring Boot in a modern cloud-native application environment
- Learn how the pieces of Spring Boot fit together to create the ideal solution to a cloud-native architecture
- Create a fully integrated production-ready, RESTful JSON web services API, connected with a database and tested fully with an integration test suite, and finally deploy it using Docker containers and Amazon Fargate
You've been using Spring, but your company has recently moved to Spring Boot. You now need to build API-first, Cloud-first, easy-to-scale applications but you don't know how. This course will help you get back in the application developer groove with the power of Spring Boot.
The course transforms your skillset away from building single, large Java applications. You'll benefit from understanding what microservices are, and the problems they pose for typical Java web services. You'll delve into the Spring Boot architecture and learn to use its components for your professional projects.
Through practical examples, you'll build your own JSON RESTful web service, which is an essential tool for any Spring Boot developer. You'll learn to use Mockito and JUnit to build an end-to-end integration testing suite and you'll be on a par with your competitors. Lastly, you will use AWS and Docker to deploy your application to the cloud.
Harness the power of Spring Boot and take your enterprise application development career to the next level. The course will help you and your business compete with others by building portable and easy-to-scale microservices with ease.
All the code and supporting files for this course are available at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Professional-Spring-Boot-2
Downloading the example code for this course: You can download the example code files for all Packt video courses you have purchased from your account at http://www.PacktPub.com. If you purchased this course elsewhere, you can visit http://www.PacktPub.com/support and register to have the files e-mailed directly to you.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Getting Ahead with Spring Boot's Components
- Chapter 2 : Creating JSON RESTful Web Services in Spring Boot
- Chapter 3 : Enhancing our RESTful Web Service
- Chapter 4 : Testing Spring Boot Applications
Chapter 5 : Deploying Spring Boot Applications
- Introduction to Docker and its Architecture 00:10:46
- Docker versus VMs – Core Concepts 00:06:45
- Wrapping Spring Boot Application with a Docker Container 00:07:42
- Understanding Amazon Fargate 00:03:32
- Deploying to AWS with Fargate 00:03:44
- Title: Professional Spring Boot 2
- Release date: January 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788998697