Target Device Connectivity and Download
WHAT’S IN THIS CHAPTER?
- Establishing connectivity to the target device
- Downloading the OS run-time image to the target device
As part of the Windows Embedded Compact OS design development process, the development station needs to establish connectivity to the target device, to download an OS run-time image to the target device for testing and debug.
This chapter includes exercises to show the steps needed to establish connectivity from the development station to the target device and download the OS run-time image generated in the previous chapter to the target device.
Following are the prerequisites needed to work through the exercises in this chapter, using an eBox-3310A or Virtual PC as the target device:
- Successfully create and build the MyCompact7 OS design project from Chapter 7, “OS Design”
- An eBox-3310A or Virtual PC virtual machine (VM) preconfigured with Compact 7 bootloader as the target device
- Both the development station and target device attached to the same Local Area Network (LAN)