PORT A XAML CODE PROJECT TO NATIVE CODE USING WINDOWS EMBEDDED SILVERLIGHT TOOLS
In the previous section, a simple SWE application project, XAML_Hello, is created. To use this project with Compact 7, you need to port the project from XAML code to native code as a subproject for the OS design.
In this section, you work through the following steps to port the XAML_Hello project to a Compact 7 OS design subproject, using the Windows Embedded Silverlight Tool (WEST):
1. With the MySWE OS design project active, from the VS2008 Tools menu, select Windows Embedded Silverlight Tools, and click Create Platform Builder Subproject to bring up the Create Platform Builder Subproject Wizard screen, as shown in Figure 22-4.
2. Click Next to bring up the project name and location screen.
3. Enter SWE_Hello as the project name.
4. Click Browse, and select the following folder for the Location entry, as shown in Figure 22-5, and click Next to show the Project Selection screen:
5. From the Project Selection screen, click Browse, and navigate to the following folder to select the XAML_Hello.csproj project file, as shown in Figure 22-6:
6. From the Project Selection screen, click Next ...