USING THE WDT TEST APPLICATION
In this section, the supplied projects for the Compact 7 WDT test application and drivers for the eBox 3300-Vortex86DX (and MX) watchdog timer are built and tested. There are four projects in the WatchDogTimer folder in the source code for this chapter.
1. You need the following:
2. Copy the WatchDogTimer folder to the OS project SubProjects folder.
3. Add each of the projects separately, or just select the dirs file in the root of the Watchdog folder.
4. Set all subprojects to be built in debug mode.
5. Set the driver and ISR to be included in the image, and set the application and wrapper DLL to not be included in the image.
6. Build all subprojects.
7. You won’t need to do a complete Sysgen. Do the following:
8. Download and run the image.
9. When started, run WatchDogTimerApp from Target\Run Programs.
10. Observer the Output window.
11. Change the settings in the application, only rebuild the application, and then rerun it.
13. Try it in reset mode — once!
14. Try enabling the Debug Message Zones for the IST.
The typical output from the application is shown below. The messages from the IST (PID:400002) and ...