DEVELOPING A MANAGED CODE APPLICATION FOR COMPACT 7
The Visual Studio 2008 development environment is an efficient and effective environment to rapidly develop a managed code application for an embedded device with a graphical user interface (GUI) to help the end user interact with the device and other systems controlled by the device. This development environment abstracts the lower-level complicated code from the developer and provides a developer-friendly environment.
To develop a Compact 7 managed code application with a GUI from the VS2008 IDE is straightforward. Following is a list of the typical tasks to develop a managed code smart device application for a Compact 7 device:
1. Create a managed code smart device application project, in C# or Visual Basic, from the VS2008 IDE.
2. Adjust the Windows form’s size and orientation for the application.
3. Write code to initialize the Windows form.
4. Select and place one or more controls, with functions to support the application, onto the Windows form.
5. Add code to initialize each control and set each control’s properties.
6. Write code to each control’s event handler.
7. Write more code. . .
8. Compile the project and deploy the compiled executable to the target device for testing and debugging.
The Compact 7 managed code application development environment provides a predictable and manageable development environment.
Creating a Managed Code Smart Device Application Project
The exercise in this section creates a managed ...