DEVELOPING A VIRTUAL PC OS DESIGN
To support the exercises in this chapter, a VM is used as the target device. An OS design, MyVPC, based on the Virtual PC: x86 BSP, is created.
Work through the following steps to create the OS design project:
1. From the VS2008 File menu, select New, and click Project to launch the New Project screen.
2. From the New Project screen’s left pane, select Platform Builder. Select OS Design from the right pane, enter MyVPC as the project name, and click OK to bring up the OS Design Wizard.
3. From the OS Design Wizard screen, click Next to bring up the Board Support Packages selection screen.
4. Select the Virtual PC: x86 BSP, and click Next to bring up the Design Templates selection screen.
5. From the Design Templates selection screen’s left pane, expand the Enterprise Device folder, select the Industrial Controller template, and click Next to bring up the Application and Media selection screen.
6. From the Application and Media selection screen, click Finish to use the default for the remaining configurations, and complete the OS Design Wizard step.
7. After the OS Design Wizard step, the Catalog Item Notification screen displays to raise a security warning to indicate one or more of the components included in the OS design may pose a security risk. Click Acknowledge to acknowledge the warning, and close the warning screen.
8. At this point the OS Design Wizard creates the initial workspace for the MyVPC OS design project. From the VS2008 IDE, ...