DEVELOP A COMPACT 7 OS DESIGN WITH SILVERLIGHT SUPPORT
To support the SWE application, the Compact 7 OS run-time image needs to include the necessary Silverlight for Windows Embedded components.
Work through the following steps to create an OS design based on the Virtual PC BSP, using a Virtual PC machine (VM) as the target device, to support the SWE application exercises in this chapter:
1. From the VS2008 File menu, select New, and click Project to launch the New Project screen.
2. From the New Project screen’s left pane, select Platform Builder. Select OS Design from the right pane, enter MySWE as the project name, and click OK to bring up the OS Design Wizard.
3. From the OS Design Wizard screen, click Next to bring up the Board Support Packages selection screen.
4. From the Board Support Packages selection screen, select the Virtual PC: X86 BSP, and click Next to bring up the Design Templates selection screen.
5. From the Design Templates selection screen’s left pane, expand the Enterprise Device folder, select the Handheld template, and click Finish to use the default selection for the remaining configurations and complete the OS Design Wizard step.
6. At this point, the Catalog Item Notification screen displays to raise a security warning to indicate one or more of the components included to the OS design may pose a security risk. Click Acknowledge to acknowledge the warning and close the warning screen.
7. After completing the OS Design Wizard step, the initial workspace ...