Chapter 4. Finding and Fixing Broken Data Links
In this chapter, we will cover the following recipes:
- Finding broken data sources in your map document and layer files
- Fixing broken data sources with MapDocument.findAndReplaceWorkspacePaths()
- Fixing broken data sources with MapDocument.replaceWorkspaces()
- Fixing individual Layer and Table objects with replaceDataSource()
- Finding all broken data sources in all map documents in a folder
It is not uncommon for your GIS data sources to move, migrate to a new data format or be deleted. The result can be broken data sources in many map document or layer files. These broken data sources can't be used until they have been fixed, which can be an overwhelming process if the same changes need to be ...