Chapter 2. Libraries: ChucK’s built-in tools
This chapter covers
- Library functions (methods)
- The ChucK Standard library, conversion of units
- Standard library type conversion
- The ChucK Math library
- Math library random number generation and sine function
- Using library functions to make your music more expressive
Now that you have your feet wet and have learned the basics of how to use ChucK, and you’ve created your first set of compositions, it’s time to learn how to make even more expressive music and sound. You’ll also be learning how to make your programming easier as well as your programs more readable. In this chapter we introduce libraries, which are sets of tools built into ChucK that will help you accomplish these goals.
In almost ...