Chapter 8. Multithreading and concurrency: running many programs at once
This chapter covers
- Using spork to turn functions into concurrent shreds
- Using Machine.add() and other virtual machine functions
- Composing music using separate, concurrent shreds
- Using concurrency to control multiple aspects of objects
- Organizing your concurrent ChucK files and projects
In your ChucK journey so far, you’ve learned how to write single ChucK programs that create sound and music. But many of you may wonder how you can get ChucK to run multiple files and processes concurrently. You might have clicked the Add Shred button a few times and noted that multiple programs can happily run and make sound at the same time. Or, you might be curious what the advantages ...