Chapter 9. Objects and classes: making your own ChucK power tools
This chapter covers
- Data encapsulation and access, member variables
- Behavior of objects, functions, and methods
- Public vs. private classes
- Inheritance, overloading, and polymorphism
- Musical applications of objects and classes
As you keep adding to your bag of ChucK tricks and tools, you’re able to be more expressive in your compositions, more succinct and efficient with your code, and generally more awesome as programmers and composers. In chapter 5, you learned how to make your own functions, opening up new capabilities for your programming, because you could reuse code and get a lot more work accomplished by calling functions with different arguments. In the previous ...