Video DescriptionEver since the birth of the data science field, there has been a constant debate about which language is the best, the one better suited for large-scale data analytics applications. Since this is a very complex matter, no clear winner has been declared yet. However, it is possible to find out which programming language is best for you, for your data science endeavors. In this video we explore just that, providing you with all the information you need to make an educated decision.
We will address these topics:
- What is Data Science?
- Programming languages: the good, the bad, and the ugly.
- Pros and Cons of various languages, including Julia, Scala, Python, and R.
- What’s the best language if you are coming or work in academia or are married to the Azure platform?
- What’s the best language if you haven’t done any programming before?
- What’s the best language if you are very keen on Spark and/or functional programming?
- What’s the best language if you just want something that is super fast and easy?
- What resources are available to learn more on this topic?
Table of Contents
- Title: Programming Languages for Data Science (Julia, Scala, Python, and R)
- Release date: January 2017
- Publisher(s): Technics Publications
- ISBN: 9781634621915