4. Comparison of Electrically Assisted Separation Processes
Advantage/drawbacks of the electrically assisted filters and separators
|Assisted separation process||Advantages||Drawbacks|
|Dead end electrofiltration (electrofiltration and electroosmotic dewatering)|
• Good alternative to accelerate the dewatering when it is observed that dead end filtration and consolidation rates are too slow and when particles present high surface charge (|ζ| > 15–20 mV).
• Efficient for compressible or gelatinous material.
• Efficient for all feed concentrations.
• Efficiency depends mainly on the surface electrical charge of the particles.
• Typical increase of filtration ...