Project Closeout is the last major stage of a project’s life cycle and is completed when all defined project tasks and milestones have been completed, and the customer has accepted the project’s deliverables.
So, what is involved in closing projects ? Project Closeout includes the following actions:
1. First and foremost is the gaining of stakeholder acceptance of the final product,
2. Verification of formal acceptance by stakeholders and steering committee,
3. Bringing the project and all its phases to an orderly end,
4. Verify that all of the deliverables have been completed and delivered,
5. Completing a Project Audit (usually internal audit),
6. Redistributing resources; i.e., staff, facilities, equipment, ...