Construction; Design; Man-hours; Philosophy; Pumping installation
Design and Construction Philosophy
1. A 3-tonne vessel arrives on-site complete with nozzles and manhole doors in place.
2. Pipe gantry and vessel support steel arrive in small pieces.
3. Pumps, motors and bedplates arrive as separate units.
4. Stairs arrive in sections with treads fitted to a pair of stringers.
5. Suction and discharge headers are partially fabricated with weldolet tees in place. Slip-on flanges to be welded on site for valves, vessel connection and blanked-off ends.
6. Suction and discharge lines from pumps to have slip-on flanges welded on site after trimming ...