Schedule and cost control are the key elements of successful project management. Yet, over 80% of all projects start with underestimated schedules and costs and are doomed to exceed projections before they begin. This clear and concise book demonstrates how to establish realistic estimates for successful project completion. It illustrates how to control a project’s schedule and costs, but more importantly, it shows the reader how to develop the project’s plans and processes so that controlling the schedule and costs are achievable goals.
- Shows how to map capabilities against customer requirements and what to do when they don’t match
- Offers a clear understanding of the activities, concepts, techniques, and tools of project schedule and cost control that can be applied to any industry
- Contains numerous cases studies, examples and exercises to demonstrate all the techniques and tools needed to develop and use a successful schedule and cost control system and to aid instruction
- Provides techniques for developing more accurate schedule and cost estimates, monitoring and controlling schedules and costs so that the project stays in the baseline guidelines and for assessing and recovering projects that are outside established control parameters
- Gives recommendations for improving organizational processes that support project management activities
- WAV offers free downloadable schedule & cost control templates and a slide presentation highlighting critical points related to these components — available from the Web Added Value Download Resource Center at www.jrosspub.com