Bring your brilliant idea for a game or toy to life with a working prototype. With this video, you’ll get hands-on experience building a prototype from scratch, and in the process learn new skills and tricks to create your projects.
Game designer Jerry Belich shows you how important play is to learning. Anyone who wants to design interactive devices for events, museums, classrooms, or just for fun, will see how to incorporate games and play into projects. Professional designers and inventors will learn how to use hardware to augment their digital games and interactive experiences.
- Learn designing for play, including toy and game theory and how to apply it
- Burn the keyboard! Use alternative controllers, change the experience, and invent a new interface
- Prepare for shows and events, and learn how to demo your game or toy to stakeholders or the public
- Build many examples that highlight the challenges your project will face
Jerry Belich is a game designer, inventor, and storyteller. He is continuing work on his successfully Kickstarted, award-winning Choosatron project; along with creating other hardware games that explore alternate controllers and mediums for play. From leading a mobile development team, to integrating technology into live theatre, Jerry has built a strong foundation of creative experience across hardware and software.
Table of contents
- Alternative Controllers
- Being Connected
- Title: Prototyping for Play
- Release date: December 2015
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491938201
You might also like
Designing Data-Intensive Applications
Data is at the center of many challenges in system design today. Difficult issues need to …
Algorithms in Motion
"Good and simple to understand introduction to algorithms." Boris Vasile, Team Lead, Garmin Cluj Algorithms - …
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …
Software developers and architects increasingly turn to microservices as a framework for improving the agility and …