Book DescriptionInspire performance and prove your leadership impact
Prove It! is the executive guide to improving organisational performance through the practice of evidence-based leadership. More than ever before, the world is demanding transparency and accountability from organisational leaders, and there is a growing push to hold leaders responsible for the performance of their organisation. Many executives panic at the thought of what transparency might reveal and how they might be held accountable, but others relish the opportunity to showcase their organisation's performance. The difference is in the leadership methodology. The best leaders already know how their organisation is performing, and that it has improved during their tenure – and they can prove it because they practise evidence-based leadership. This book offers a clear blueprint for building on your existing skills and performance management systems to build a truly high performance organisation.
Just three personal leadership habits and three organisation-wide habits can transform your organisation into the powerhouse you know it can be. With a simple methodology and a focus on practical results, this book can help you:
- Set a strategic direction that really does inspire organisational excellence
- Gain a true picture of your organisation's performance
- Master the habits that help you lead a high-performance culture
- Improve your organisation objectively, measurably and quickly
If an organisation can only be as good as its leadership, it's reasonable to place the burden of performance responsibility on those who make the decisions. A leader's job is to inspire, motivate and guide, and those who do it well are already raising the bar. Prove It! gives you a practical model for measurable, real-world results, starting today.
Table of Contents
- About the author
Part I What are you trying to prove?
- Chapter 1 The territory of high performance
- Chapter 2 Evidence-based leadership
- Chapter 3 Knowing is a double-edged sword
- Chapter 4 How to become an evidence-based leader
- Part I In summary
Part II Habits of evidence-based leadership
- Chapter 5 Direction: Make it understood and it will be measurable
- Chapter 6 Evidence: Anything that matters can be measured
- Chapter 7 Execution: Implementing your strategy must deliver a high ROI
- Part II In summary
Part III Organisational habits of evidence-based leadership
- Chapter 8 Decision: They want to work for something bigger than themselves
- Chapter 9 Action: Reaching for intrinsically rewarding targets
- Chapter 10 Learning: Success loves speed
- Chapter 11 Start now: Evidence-based leadership starts at the top
- Appendix: XmR charts give us three signals
- Did this book help you? I'd love to know.
- Title: Prove It!
- Release date: June 2017
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9780730336228