What you need for this book
The list of hardware components required is given as follows:
- A minimum of two servers are required. Three servers are needed if you want to test a Gluster filesystem.
- A shared storage that is accessible on all the servers as a quorum disk and as VM storage.
- Two network cards on each server.
- Two network switches.
The software needed for this book are as follows:
- Proxmox Virtual Environment 3.2 or above
- NAS4Free 184.108.40.206 or an alternative to build a software-based NAS storage
- DRBD 2:8.3.13-2 or above
- GlusterFS 3.5.1 or above
- CEPH (built with Proxmox)