Automate your IT infrastructure with the latest techniques in Puppet!
About This Video
- Explore the Methods of reporting with Puppet along with the configuration of dashboards for visualization
- Automate all your work using the latest techniques in Puppet
- Get a run-through of the strategies and patterns to introduce Puppet automation
Puppet is a configuration management tool that allows you to automate all your IT configurations, giving you control over what you do to each Puppet Agent in a network, and when and how you do it. In this age of digital delivery and ubiquitous internet presence, it's becoming increasingly important to implement scalable and portable solutions, not only in terms of software, but also the systems that run it.
This video course will begin by covering methods of reporting with Puppet and configuring various types of open source dashboards along with procedures to use report processors and create custom ones. You will then exploit PuppetDB to configure and create efficient Puppet reports and also to monitor Puppet changes and alert based on the same. Finally, you will learn about how to implement Nagios based monitoring using Puppet.
Towards the end of the video course, you will concentrate on Puppet security. You will also learn about procedures to secure the Puppet deployments and methods to harden infrastructure using community modules. Finally, we’ll learn how to debug errors in the Puppet environment.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 : Puppet Reporting and Dashboards
- The Course Overview 00:04:24
- Understanding and Configuring Reporting in Puppet Server and Agent 00:06:17
- Puppetboard as a Puppet dashboard 00:08:27
- Puppetexplorer as a Puppet Dashboard 00:05:06
- Configuring Foreman as a Puppet Dashboard 00:07:51
- Using Foreman as an External Node Classifier 00:09:47
- Understanding and Creating Custom Report Processors 00:07:09
- Chapter 2 : Reporting with PuppetDB and Puppet Monitoring
- Chapter 3 : Puppet Security and Troubleshooting
- Title: Puppet Techniques for Enterprise Deployments
- Release date: September 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788294881