Design patterns to improve the speed, code reuse, and performance of your Python applications
About This Video
- Get familiar with design patterns and their classification
- Understand different creational patterns and structural patterns
- A complete guide equipped with key tasks to help you understand design patterns
A knowledge of design patterns enables developers to improve their codebase, promotes code reuse, and makes the architecture more robust. This course focuses on showing you the practical aspects of smarter coding in Python.
We start off by easing you into the world of design patterns, and helping you brush up on your OOP skills. From there, you'll explore the most widely used patterns and create objects in a manner best suited to the situation. Then we take you through some patterns that will help you identify simple ways to realize relationships between entities. Next, we show you how to encapsulate behavior in an object and delegate requests to it, before we up the ante and delve into some advanced patterns. Last but not least, we'll make you aware of design styles that will hamper your development, rather than improving it.
With this course, thanks to patterns, you will be well equipped to craft faster, cleaner, and smarter applications.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Design Pattern Warm Up
- Chapter 2 : Producing with Factories
- Chapter 3 : Structuring Around
- Chapter 4 : Behaving Ourselves
- Chapter 5 : Behaving Ourselves Again
- Chapter 6 : No Pattern (a.k.a AntiPattern)
- Title: Python Design Patterns
- Release date: September 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781786460677