By the end of this chapter, you will be able to:
- Use the Python interactive shell to write simple programs
- Write and run simple Python scripts
- Write and run dynamic scripts that take arguments from the command line
- Use variables and describe the different types of values that variables can be assigned
- Get user input from the keyboard for your Python programs
- Explain the importance of comments and write them in Python
- Explain the importance of whitespace and indentation in Python
This lesson introduces the Python programming language. We will work with the Python interpreter and write our first Python program.
Python is a high-level, general-purpose programming language. It is notorious ...