In this chapter, we briefly introduced the Python programming language and the main concepts behind geospatial development. We have seen:
- That Python is a very high-level language eminently suited to the task of geospatial development.
- That there are a number of libraries which can be downloaded to make it easier to perform geospatial development work in Python.
- That the term "geospatial data" refers to information that is located on the earth's surface using coordinates.
- That the term "geospatial development" refers to the process of writing computer programs that can access, manipulate, and display geospatial data.
- That the process of accessing geospatial data is non-trivial, thanks to differing file formats and data standards.
- What types ...