You have now finished implementing the first part of the ShapeEditor application. Even at this early stage, you have made good progress, learning how GeoDjango works, designing the application, and laying the foundations for the functionality you will implement in the next two chapters.
In this chapter, you have learned the following:
- The GeoDjango extension to Django can be used to build sophisticated geospatial web applications
- A Django project consists of a single database and multiple Django applications
- Breaking a complex project into a number of smaller applications and making them all work together
- Django uses objects to represent records in the database
- A Django view is a Python function, which responds when a given URL is called
- The ...