In this chapter, we finished implementing a sophisticated geospatial web application using GeoDjango, Mapnik, PostGIS, OGR, and pyproj. This application is useful in its own right, as well as being a springboard to developing your own geospatial web applications.
We have learned:
- That we can easily create our own Tile Map Server using Mapnik and GeoDjango.
- That we can include OpenLayers on our own web pages, independent of GeoDjango, and display map data from our Tile Map Server.
- How to create a custom "click handler" to respond to mouse-clicks within an OpenLayers map.
- That we can use AJAX calls to have the server respond to events within the web browser.
- That GeoDjango provides a powerful query language for performing spatial queries without ...