Learn to desing a UI with help of PyQT5
About This Video
- Develop beautiful and powerful GUIs using Python 3 and PyQt5
- Design GUIs in a visual manner, using Qt Designer
- Decouple UI and Python business logic code, using Best Practices
Python and one of its QT bindings, PyQT, has changed the face of GUI development. It allows us to build beautiful and powerful GUIs that grab the attention of Python programmers. QT5 has several advantages over other GUI frameworks such as tkinter and wxPython.
In this video, we will successfully install PyQt5 and the toolset that contains the QT Designer tool. The QT Designer enables us to develop our GUI in a visual manner, using drag and drop to add and position widgets, and we will use it extensively. We will then learn how to convert QT Designer-generated code into pure Python code.
After having successfully installed PyQt5, the QT Designer, and all other required QT tools, we will start out simple, building a Python GUI using only a few lines of PyQT5 code. Then, we will build a more complex GUI using QT Designer. Along the way, we will explore many QT widgets and learn how to efficiently lay out our GUI design. We will enhance the look-and-feel of the GUI using CSS styling. We will also connect our GUI to a SQL database, which we will create. We decouple the business logic code from the UI code, using best practices. At the end of this video tutorial, viewers will be able to develop complex GUIs using PyQt5.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Introducing the PyQt5 Framework
- Chapter 2 : Designing Python GUIs with Qt Designer
- Chapter 3 : Enhancing the Qt5 GUI Functionality
Chapter 4 : Advanced Qt5 Programming
- Using the OpenGL Graphics Library 00:18:49
- Networking and SQL Database 00:21:01
- Animation Inside the GUI 00:10:43
- Using CSS Styling to Greatly Enhance the GUI Look-and-Feel 00:09:29
- PyQt5 ‘Signals and Slots’ Event Handling Mechanism 00:04:44
- Chapter 5 : User Interface Design
- Title: Python GUI Programming Recipes using PyQt5
- Release date: October 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788471268