You’ve probably heard about the computing revolution in schools, and perhaps you’ve even heard of Raspberry Pi. The Python programming language is at the center of these fundamental changes in computing education. Whether you’re a programmer, teacher, student, or parent, this report arms you with the facts and information you need to understand where Python sits within this context.
Author Nicholas Tollervey takes you through the features that make Python appropriate for education, and explains how an active Python community supports educational outreach. You’ll also learn how Raspberry Pi is inspiring a new generation of programmers—with Python’s help.
- Programmers: Learn how you and your colleagues may continue your professional development by supporting the next generation of programmers.
- Teachers: Find out how to learn about Python, get involved with and find support from the wider Python community, and become acquainted with the story of Python (an interesting subject in itself when teaching computing).
- Students: Discover where to learn Python and how to get in touch with the wider community.
- Parents: Get the information you need to support your child, dismiss fears and uncertainties you may have, and find answers to some of your questions about learning to program with Python.
Table of contents
- 1. The Story of Python
- 2. A Pythonic Case Study: Raspberry Pi
- 3. Why Python in Education?
- 4. Python’s Secret Weapon: Community!
- 5. Looking Ahead
- Title: Python in Education
- Release date: April 2015
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491924617
You might also like
Impractical Python Projects
Impractical Python Projects picks up where the complete beginner books leave off, expanding on existing concepts …
20 Python Libraries You Aren't Using (But Should)
The Python ecosystem is vast and far-reaching in both scope and depth. Starting out in this …
Python Projects for Beginners: A Ten-Week Bootcamp Approach to Python Programming
Immerse yourself in learning Python and introductory data analytics with this book’s project-based approach. Through the …
Python in a Nutshell, 3rd Edition
Useful in many roles, from design and prototyping to testing, deployment, and maintenance, Python is consistently …