You’ve probably heard about the computing revolution in schools, and perhaps you’ve even heard of Raspberry Pi. The Python programming language is at the center of these fundamental changes in computing education. Whether you’re a programmer, teacher, student, or parent, this report arms you with the facts and information you need to understand where Python sits within this context.
Author Nicholas Tollervey takes you through the features that make Python appropriate for education, and explains how an active Python community supports educational outreach. You’ll also learn how Raspberry Pi is inspiring a new generation of programmers—with Python’s help.
- Programmers: Learn how you and your colleagues may continue your professional development by supporting the next generation of programmers.
- Teachers: Find out how to learn about Python, get involved with and find support from the wider Python community, and become acquainted with the story of Python (an interesting subject in itself when teaching computing).
- Students: Discover where to learn Python and how to get in touch with the wider community.
- Parents: Get the information you need to support your child, dismiss fears and uncertainties you may have, and find answers to some of your questions about learning to program with Python.
Table of contents
- 1. The Story of Python
- 2. A Pythonic Case Study: Raspberry Pi
- 3. Why Python in Education?
- 4. Python’s Secret Weapon: Community!
- 5. Looking Ahead
- Title: Python in Education
- Release date: April 2015
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491924617
You might also like
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …
Python Automation Cookbook
Step-by-step instructions which take you through each program to automate monotonous tasks with Python 3.7 Key …
Python: Journey from Novice to Expert
Learn core concepts of Python and unleash its power to script highest quality Python programs About …
Think Python, 2nd Edition
If you want to learn how to program, working with Python is an excellent way to …