You’ve probably heard about the computing revolution in schools, and perhaps you’ve even heard of Raspberry Pi. The Python programming language is at the center of these fundamental changes in computing education. Whether you’re a programmer, teacher, student, or parent, this report arms you with the facts and information you need to understand where Python sits within this context.
Author Nicholas Tollervey takes you through the features that make Python appropriate for education, and explains how an active Python community supports educational outreach. You’ll also learn how Raspberry Pi is inspiring a new generation of programmers—with Python’s help.
- Programmers: Learn how you and your colleagues may continue your professional development by supporting the next generation of programmers.
- Teachers: Find out how to learn about Python, get involved with and find support from the wider Python community, and become acquainted with the story of Python (an interesting subject in itself when teaching computing).
- Students: Discover where to learn Python and how to get in touch with the wider community.
- Parents: Get the information you need to support your child, dismiss fears and uncertainties you may have, and find answers to some of your questions about learning to program with Python.
Table of contents
- 1. The Story of Python
- 2. A Pythonic Case Study: Raspberry Pi
- 3. Why Python in Education?
- 4. Python’s Secret Weapon: Community!
- 5. Looking Ahead
- Title: Python in Education
- Release date: April 2015
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491924617
You might also like
Learning Python, 5th Edition
Get a comprehensive, in-depth introduction to the core Python language with this hands-on book. Based on …
Introduction to Python
Intrigued by Python? Learn how to get started with this popular language, whether you’re new to …
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
Python Data Science Handbook
For many researchers, Python is a first-class tool mainly because of its libraries for storing, manipulating, …