• Describe the scope of reengineering applications in health care.
• Review the work design concepts in health care.
• Differentiate and apply job enlargement and job enrichment in health care.
• Develop work measurement by using time standards.
• Evaluate the design and development of a work sampling study.
• Analyze bottlenecks by using work simplification tools for health care reengineering.
Adequate organizational performance is a major concern for health care managers. Performance issues generally come to the surface in terms of the financial situation and of market share in competitive health markets. Health care institutions can be classified into three groups in terms of their performance: (1) ...