SUPPLY CHAIN AND INVENTORY MANAGEMENT
• Describe the relationships of providers with the companies at the upstream source of medical supplies.
• Recognize the information sources for supply chain and inventory management in various health services operations.
• Review current use of just-in-time services and partnerships or alliances with suppliers for health care organizations.
• Describe the parameters involved in inventory management.
• Recognize the relationship between ordering costs and carrying costs.
• Develop A-B-C approach and EOQ models.
• Analyze an inventory management problem.
HEALTH CARE SUPPLY CHAIN
In health care organizations, supply chain is a new way of conceptualizing medical supply management. ...