QuickBooks 2009 Solutions Guide
This is the definitive, must-have reference for every business owner, entrepreneur, accountant, and bookkeeper who relies on QuickBooks 2009. Not a beginner’s guide, it’s a high-productivity resource for solving the problems that intermediate-to-advanced QuickBooks users encounter most often.
Author Laura Madeira is superbly qualified to write this book: she has twenty years experience training professionals on Intuit products and has been selected by
Intuit to introduce its new releases to accountants and entrepreneurs. Here, she offers real solutions for every QuickBooks accounting module, helping readers achieve their true goal for QuickBooks: a clear, up-to-date understanding of where the business stands, and where it’s headed.
Thoroughly updated for QuickBooks 2009, this book brings together indispensable, start-to-finish techniques for troubleshooting QuickBooks data files and fixing QuickBooks mistakes wherever they occur. Drawing on her unsurpassed experience, Madeira offers expert advice on every facet of QuickBooks accounting: data files, banking, A/R, undeposited funds, employee advances, inventory, A/P, sales tax, payroll, reporting, sharing data
with accountants, and much more.
This book will help you :
• Quickly set up accurate charts of accounts – or improve existing ones
• Use QuickBooks reports to understand the most important trends in your business
• Correct data errors in any balance sheet account, from A/R and A/P to taxes and inventory
• How to use the New for 2009! Client Data Review feature for accountants.
• Properly review your payroll data and avoid expensive mistakes
• Efficiently share business data with your accountant
• Troubleshoot beginning balance differences, reconciliation errors, and many other problems
• Learn to use the Intuit Statement Writer tool, New for 2009!
Laura Madeira is founder of ACS, Inc., located in the greater Dallas, Texas area and an Intuit Solutions Provider that specializes in on-site and Internet-assisted accounting software implementation, set-up, training and troubleshooting. She has over twenty years of experience helping companies maintain accurate and timely accounting and financial information through one-on-one consulting, group classes, and web-based training.
Madeira currently writes technical documentation and presentations for the QuickBooks product line as a member of the Intuit Accounting Professionals Trainer/Writer Network. She has also served on Intuit’s Accountant and Customer Advisory Council and was a guest speaker for the QuickBooks Developer Network. Her “QuickBooks at Year-End” document has been distributed by Intuit at several national events and is one of Intuit’s most requested training and presentation documents.
Her expertise with QuickBooks and other Intuit software has been featured nationally in an Advisor Spotlight and widely-distributed promotional literature. She holds Intuit's Advanced Certified, Point of Sale Certified designations, as well as a bachelor of science in accounting from Florida Atlantic University.
Category Business | Finance
Covers QuickBooks 2009
User Level Intermediate–Advanced
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Contents at a Glance
- Table of Contents
- 1. Creating a New QuickBooks Data File
- 2. Reviewing the QuickBooks Chart of Accounts
- 3. Reviewing and Correcting Item List Errors
- 4. Easily Review Your QuickBooks Data
- 5. Power Reports for Correcting Beginning Balance Differences
- 6. Bank Account Balance or Reconciliation Errors
- 7. Reviewing and Correcting Accounts Receivable Errors
- 8. Reviewing and Correcting Errors with the Undeposited Funds Account
- 9. Handling Current Asset Accounts Correctly
- 10. Reviewing and Correcting Inventory Errors
- 11. Reviewing and Correcting Accounts Payable Errors
- 12. Reviewing and Correcting Sales Tax Errors
- 13. Reviewing and Correcting the Opening Balance Equity Account
- 14. Reviewing and Correcting Payroll Errors
- 15. Sharing Data with Your Accountant or Your Client
- 16. Reporting Tips and Tricks
- 17. New for 2009! Detecting and Correcting with the Client Data Review Feature
- Title: QuickBooks 2009 Solutions Guide for Business Owners and Accountants
- Release date: December 2008
- Publisher(s): Que
- ISBN: 9780768687385
You might also like
Higher Order Basis Based Integral Equation Solver (HOBBIES)
The latest in parallel EM solutions with both in-core and out-of-core solvers The solution of complex …
Grab Your Audience’s Attention: First Impressions Set the Presentation On—or Off—Course
This Element is an excerpt from So What?: How to Communicate What Really Matters to Your …
Electric Power Generation, Transmission, and Distribution, 3rd Edition
Featuring contributions from worldwide leaders in the field, the carefully crafted Electric Power Generation, Transmission, and …
Dielectric Materials for Electrical Engineering
Part 1 is particularly concerned with physical properties, electrical ageing and modeling with topics such as …