Paying Employees and Payroll Taxes and Creating Forms
In this chapter:
• Entering year-to-date payroll information
• How payroll is set up in QuickBooks
• Scheduling payroll
• Running and reviewing the payroll
• Understanding the Payroll Center
• Determining, remitting, and tracking payroll liabilities
• Preparing W-2 forms
• Using Excel for taxes
Handle Year-to-Date Payroll Data
To make historical data entry easier, consider going live with payroll at the beginning of a calendar year. However, if you start using QuickBooks mid-year, you must enter the historical information about paychecks you have entered so far for this year. This way, QuickBooks can perform all of the required year-end tasks. For example, you ...
Get QuickBooks 2016: The Best Guide for Small Business, 2nd Edition now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.