If you have not already downloaded the files for this chapter, do it now and ensure that these files are in your R working directory:
- Create a folder called javasamples, and move all the files with extension .java or .class into this folder under your working directory.
- Install rJava using the install.packages("rJava") command.
- Load the package using the library(rJava) command.
- For rJava to work in your environment, the JDK version should be identical for the following, and we explain how to get them in sync for Mac OS X:
- The environment JDK version: Execute java -version in your command line to get the installed version of Java. You will be using this version to create the .jar files or to compile Java programs.
- The JDK ...