If you have not already downloaded the files for this chapter, do so now and ensure that the files are in your R working directory:
- Create a javasamples folder, and move all the files with extension Java and class into this folder under your working directory.
- Install Rserve using install.packages('Rserve').
- Load the package using library(Rserve).
- Download the three JAR files, JRI.jar, REngine.jar, and JRIEngine.jar from http://www.rforge.net/JRI/files/ and the RserveEngine.jar files from http://www.rforge.net/Rserve/files/. Copy the four downloaded JAR files to the lib folder under your R working directory.
- You can either use the class files provided or compile the Java code. These class files are created with JDK version 1.8.0_25, ...