In this video, Perl expert and co-author of the bestselling Learning Perl, Randal Schwartz, presents a sophisticated introduction to the language. This tutorial is designed to meet the pace and scope sought by today's programmers. You'll encounter detailed descriptions, thorough examples, and eclectic wit.
Perl is the language for people who want to get work done. And this video covers all the important aspects of the Perl language through version 5.10. It will turn you into a Perl programmer.
Table of Contents
- Introduction 00:38:05
- Scalar Data 00:48:02
- Lists and Arrays 00:53:36
- Subroutines 00:37:55
- Input and Output 00:36:29
- Hashes 00:40:11
- In The World of Regular Expressions 00:29:06
- Matching with Regular Expressions 00:48:43
- Processing Text with Regular Expressions 00:50:49
- More Control Structures 00:57:48
- Perl Modules 00:27:14
- File Tests 00:30:16
- Directory Operations 00:14:57
- File Operations 00:36:33
- Strings and Sorting 00:33:34
- Process Management 00:46:36
- In The Llama Book and More 00:14:25
- Title: Randal Schwartz on Learning Perl
- Release date: September 2010
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781449398569