12.5. Hands On: The NoteTaker Toolbar
In this short “Hands-On” session, we'll convert the NoteTaker toolbar from a XUL fragment to an overlay that merges correctly into the Mozilla Browser window. The steps to do this are straightforward.
- Find an id that can be used to merge the NoteTaker toolbar into the Classic Browser window.
- Find an id that can be used to merge the Tools NoteTaker menu item into the Classic Browser window.
- Review the toolbar content for any other content that might need a merge id.
- Update the toolbar content to include the Tools menu NoteTaker item, suitable ids, and an <overlay> tag.
- Update the chrome registry to record the existence of the overlay.
- Delete the existing overlay database and restart the platform to see the result. ...