* There are also Python bindings for the older Qt 3 library, but there is no reason to use that library for new projects, especially since Qt 4 offers far more functionality and is easier to use.
* The programs in this book are written using ASCII characters, with escape sequences where Unicode is required. It is possible to use Latin-1, UTF-8, or other encodings for strings and comments in Python programs, as explained in the documentation under “Encoding declarations”.
* Mac OS X users note that whenever we refer to a console, this is the same as a Mac Terminal.
* This is similar to the Java assignment, Integer x = new Integer(71); for C++ a near-equivalent would be int xd = 71; int &x = xd;.
* The line of the traceback, ...