Learn about the Raspberry Pi, build a DIY Google Home Clone and RetroPie Gaming System, work with GPIO pins, and much more.
About This Video
- Become familiar with the Raspberry Pi
- Learn how to easily prepare SD cards for any Raspberry Pi operating system
- Build a digital assistant using the Google Assistant API and Raspberry Pi
This course is an introduction to the Raspberry Pi platform. It uses the latest Raspberry Pi 3 and targets all levels, including people simply interested in learning about the Raspberry Pi and its capabilities. After completing this course:
- You will understand all the components needed to get your Raspberry Pi up-and-running and how to connect them
- You will learn how to easily prepare an SD card and flash it for any operating system for the Pi
- You will learn to work with GPIO (General Purpose Input Output) pins and programmatically control them with Python
- You will be able to build simple circuits with an LED and interface them to GPIO pins
- You will build a fully functioning gaming system with RetroPie to play old Nintendo, Sega, and PlayStation games and games from many other older consoles.
- You will build a Personal Digital Assistant or Google Home Clone using the Google Assistant API complete with robust speech recognition
- You will learn about the different types of Raspberry Pi model
- You will learn the difference between the Arduino and Raspberry Pi and when each should be used
- Lots more bonus content is included and new content will be added over time
The course will benefit anyone who wants to learn and explore the Raspberry Pi.
All the code files are placed at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Raspberry-Pi-Bootcamp-For-the-Beginner
Downloading the example code for this course: You can download the example code files for all Packt video courses you have purchased from your account at http://www.PacktPub.com. If you purchased this course elsewhere, you can visit http://www.PacktPub.com/support and register to have the files e-mailed directly to you.