Chapter 3. Optimizing the API
Like any well-designed system, RavenDB's session-based API is designed to make the often used tasks simple. However, there are certain tasks that are better suited for RavenDB's specialized APIs.
In this chapter we will cover:
- Optimizing large data loads
- Processing large result sets
- Getting multiple results at once
- Patching documents instead of replacing them
- Built-in caching capabilities
Optimizing large data loads
When loading large amounts of data, there is a certain overhead with the standard API that becomes expensive. RavenDB 2.0 introduced a bulk insert API to solve this problem. It is usually orders of magnitude faster than sending batches through the standard API. This optimized approach does come with a few limitations ...