Chapter 7. Deploying to the Cloud
The cloud holds a great deal of promise for the future of computing, but there is also risk in moving towards this model.
When moving to the cloud, you should consider the following:
- Will you use the cloud as your primary instance or a backup instance?
- What is the capacity of the cloud vendor? What is the plan if you outgrow their capacity?
- What are the up-time requirements of your application?
- What is the recovery point object (RPO) and recovery time object (RTO) in the case of a failure? In other words, how much data can you lose and how long can you be down?
- Does the cloud vendor's security model match the one required for your application?
- How does the vendor's pricing model affect your business as the application ...