Implement RDS PostgreSQL CRUD and DynamoDB on AWS using Python API - Boto3 and psycopg2! Build infrastructure with code!
About This Video
- Implement any sort of infrastructure on AWS with Python using RDS and DynamoDB!
- Learn how to code against AWS API using Python and Boto3!
Do you want to learn how to launch managed Relational Databases or RDS on AWS? Do you want to learn how to connect to your RDS DB instances using Python and psycopg2 library and implement all Create, Read, Update, and Delete (CRUD) operations? Or Do you want to learn how to implement NoSQL DynamoDB Tables on AWS and work with data from scanning, querying to update, read, and delete operations? Then, this is the course you need on RDS and DynamoDB on AWS!
This course covers the following topics:
- We’ll set up your environment on both Mac OS and Windows.
- Create your own credentials for AWS
- RDS or Relational Database Service from AWS
- Launch your own Amazon RDS Instances purely with your Python code
- Connect to our RDS database instance using Python and psycopg2 library
- Execute your queries against RDS PostgreSQL
- CRUD operations against our own-launched RDS PostgreSQL instance on AWS
- Create your own DynamoDB Tables on AWS with Python!
- Provide a key schema, attribute definitions and apply throughput to your tables
- Basic CRUD operations with DynamoDB
- Explore DynamoDB query operation and use conditions
- Scan operation which basically scans your whole data and retrieves the results.
People who are passionate and want to learn more about AWS using Python and Boto3 will benefit from this course.
All the code files are placed at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/RDS-PostgreSQL-and-DynamoDB-CRUD-AWS-with-Python-and-Boto3
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction
Chapter 2 : Preparing the Environment for Development
- Section Overview 00:03:43
- About Tools and Environment 00:04:30
- Create an AWS Account If You Don't Already Have It! 00:09:05
- Logging in to AWS Console and a Walkthrough 00:09:13
- Let's Create Our AWS Credentials! 00:11:13
- Chapter 3 : Windows Environment Setup
- Chapter 4 : MacOS Environment Setup
Chapter 5 : Relational Database Service (RDS) with Boto3: psycopg2
- Section Overview 00:00:57
- Setting Up Our Project and Preparing and Launching RDS Instance 00:02:00
- AWS Console Checkpoint: RDS Instance 00:01:09
- Security Group and DB Subnet for RDS 00:12:08
- Verifying Connection with Postico 00:01:56
- Building Configuration File For RDS Instance Credentials 00:02:39
- Connecting to RDS Instance with psycopg2 00:15:57
- Creating Table 00:07:54
- Inserting Data 00:06:27
- Reading Data 00:04:24
- Updating Data 00:06:01
- Deleting Data 00:05:03
- Section Summary 00:02:08
Chapter 6 : DynamoDB with Boto3
- Section Overview 00:00:56
- Setting Up Our Project with PyCharm IDE 00:05:20
- Good News - Downloadable Version of DynamoDB! 00:01:51
- Preparing DynamoDB in Local Environment 00:03:46
- Creating Table 00:08:53
- Writing Data: Putting Items 00:06:50
- Writing Data: Updating Items 00:09:07
- Preparing DynamoDB in Local Environment 00:09:49
- Writing Data: Conditionally Updating Items 00:03:45
- Reading Data: Getting Items 00:08:44
- Writing Data: Conditionally and Unconditionally Deleting Items 00:06:01
- Reading Data: Preparing Our Sample Data 00:03:59
- Reading Data: Conditionally Querying Items 00:06:07
- Reading Data: Scanning Items 00:04:56
- Section Summary 00:03:40
- Chapter 7 : Wrapping Up
- Title: RDS PostgreSQL and DynamoDB CRUD: AWS with Python and Boto3
- Release date: February 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781838649722