Video DescriptionThe course offers best practices in terms of how to properly structure a React application and, more importantly, why those methods should be followed.
Pierre-Michel Ansel, 8x8 Inc.
React.js is a game-changer. This powerful web framework reinvents the way you create web UI, making it possible to build responsive browser-based applications with flowing, flicker-free screens. The React in Motion course gets you up and running with React just as smoothly. As you work through the efficient crystal-clear tutorials from experienced React developer Zac Braddy, you'll learn the ins and outs of React development, essential techniques for working with reactive applications, and handy code reuse techniques that will save you time and effort!
In this course, you'll start with the fundamentals of React, as you build your first application. You'll learn how to set up the perfect build environment, build your own components, make asynchronous calls to third party APIs, efficiently test, debug, and then finally deploy your finished reactive applications!
- The fundamentals and best practices for working with React
- Setting up the perfect build environment for your React projects
- Constructing components and basic patterns
- Making asynchronous calls to third party APIs
- Building your first React application
Zac Braddy is a full stack developer whose career has seen him working with almost every tech you can think of. He has blogged extensively about React and maintains a popular YouTube channel on React.
A good way to get started with writing testable React applications. The author is clearly experienced in the subject and animations are really helpful in visualizing how React works.
Kaj Ström, software developer
An excellent course to get novice front-end developers started with React.
Alberto Luis Fernandez Reyes, Bitbar
An up-to-date in-depth introduction to React and the whole React related ecosystem. The TDD approach is an advantage.
Table of Contents
1. WHAT IS REACT AND WHY DO WE LIKE IT
- React in Motion 00:11:36
- 2. RAMPING UP WITH REACT
- 3. COMPONENTISED UIS: INTRO & OVERVIEW
4. BUILDING THE APP’S FIRST COMPONENT
- The render function 00:08:36
- The shape of the data we’ll be receiving 00:09:15
- Mocking up static data for display in our component 00:10:28
- Showing the working component 00:08:08
- Polishing and decoupling the finished component 00:11:01
5. ADDING MORE COMPONENTS TO OUR APP AND MAKING THEM COMMUNICATE
- Implementing presentation components, part 1 00:16:15
- Implementing presentation components, part 2 00:10:57
- Introducing state with container components – Part 1 00:10:27
- Introducing state with container components – Part 2 00:11:41
- Hooking up the app to a REST API – Part 1 00:15:52
- Hooking up the app to a REST API – Part 2 00:11:33
- Where from here? 00:07:07
- Title: React in Motion
- Release date: October 2018
- Publisher(s): Manning Publications
- ISBN: 10000MNLV201729