Chapter 1. Getting Started
In this chapter, we will cover the following recipes:
- Adding styles to text and containers
- Using images to mimic a video player
- Creating a toggle button
- Displaying a list of items
- Adding tabs to the viewport
- Using flexbox to create a profile page
- Setting up a navigator
React Native is a fast-growing library. Over the last year it has become very popular among the open source community. There's a new release every other week that improves performance, adds new components, or provides access to new APIs on the device.
While this is great for the most part, it comes with a drawback. Sometimes, things on our project will break with a new release; we need to be very careful when updating our projects. As a rule of thumb, ...