Expand and enhance your skills by building multiple practical, real-world projects with React Native.
About This Video
- Develop practical cross-platform projects with React Native using several of its most popular packages
- Strengthen your React Native skills by building a scalable codebase that enhances code sharing
- Get to grips with React Native for Windows, a powerful framework for building native Windows apps with React
Understanding essential React Native concepts and how it differs from React, can be difficult to translate into a working proof of concept. It is imperative to utilize your skills and knowledge in real-world projects in order to implement solutions when in the workplace or developing your own application.
This course aims to bridge the gap between the primary knowledge of React Native and its implementation. Focusing on developing several practical applications to handle issues such as navigation, state management, and UI/UX concerns.
You'll start by developing a Note application that uses Async storage to persist notes. Then learn how to fetch data and images from external APIs for your project and enhance your UI skills. Then finally, you'll learn how to perform effective state management and develop a useful project using the React Native for Windows framework.
By the end of this course, you will have gained the experience needed to make confident decisions when it comes to application development with React Native.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Getting Prepared for React Native Projects
Chapter 2 : Mastering CRUD Operations and Navigation with the Notes Application
- Setup and Review a Project Created with the react-native-cli 00:06:46
- Reviewing Note Application: Requirements and User Stories 00:03:04
- Developing a Layout for Application with NativeBase 00:05:18
- Reviewing Hooks 00:08:40
- Advanced Navigation with React Navigation 00:08:31
- Working with Async Storage to Perform CRUD Operations 00:10:39
- Chapter 3 : Working with Multiple APIs with the Cat Facts Application
- Chapter 4 : Enhancing UI Skills with the GitHub Repo Application
- Chapter 5 : Managing State with the Expense Tracker Application
- Chapter 6 : Tracking Time with React Native for Windows
- Title: React Native Projects
- Release date: April 2020
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781839210112
You might also like
Python Crash Course, 2nd Edition
This is the second edition of the best selling Python book in the world. Python Crash …
Python for Data Analysis, 2nd Edition
Get complete instructions for manipulating, processing, cleaning, and crunching datasets in Python. Updated for Python 3.6, …
Building Microservices, 2nd Edition
Distributed systems have become more fine-grained as organizations shift from code-heavy monolithic applications to smaller, self-contained …
Programming Rust, 2nd Edition
The Rust programming language offers the rare and valuable combination of statically verified memory safety and …