Make your React Native development smoother, smarter, and faster with this highly practical guide
About This Video
- This course teaches you practical tips you can make use of while building real-world applications
- Every tip discussed here is compatible with any version of React Native that you decide to use
- This course aims to make you a better React Native developer with practical tips you can use to increase your efficiency
Mobile application development has seen a bit of a surge lately with the advent of multi-platform frameworks like React Native.
This course helps to provide you with valuable tips and tricks to help make your development process easier, and less tedious. You will find tips about reusable logic with Higher Order Components, tips for better upgrading, tips on styling and separation of concerns. You will be getting some useful & cool tips on using tools for faster React Native development, such as reactotron, react-native-debugger and making your own logger for debugging and analytics. Finally, some tips and useful scripts you can use, and a nice way to use feature flags for your application.
By the end of this course, you would have added useful skills to your arsenal, a plethora of valuable tips and tricks to make your development process with React Native more effective and efficient.
The code bundle for this video course is available at - https://github.com/PacktPublishing/React-Native-Tips-Tricks-and-Techniques
Downloading the example code for this course: You can download the example code files for all Packt video courses you have purchased from your account at http://www.PacktPub.com. If you purchased this course elsewhere, you can visit http://www.PacktPub.com/support and register to have the files e-mailed directly to you.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 : Tips for Improving Component Reusability
- Course Overview 00:01:57
- What Is a 'Smart' and 'Dumb' Component? 00:04:12
- Practical Usage of 'Smart'/'Dumb' Component 00:13:36
- When to Use a Class, a Pure or a Functional Component? 00:11:43
- Chapter 2 : Useful Techniques for Improving HOC Usage
- Chapter 3 : Smart Tips on Separation of Concerns for Testing and Debugging
- Chapter 4 : Unified Resources for Easy Named Reuse
Chapter 5 : Other Useful Tips and Tools
- Useful Scripts for Faster Development 00:10:31
- You Never Need to Import from `..` Anymore 00:07:44
- Using rn-diff-purge to Upgrade React Native Version 00:17:47
- Feature Toggles 00:09:49
- nvm and .config 00:08:07
- Title: React Native: Tips, Tricks, and Techniques
- Release date: January 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789615180