Understand the concepts of Reactive programming and use them in a real-life Java project.
About This Video
- Get to know the new Java 9 features.
- See the Java reactive programming library: RxJava 2.0 with all the concepts you need to develop an application.
- Explore a wide variety of code examples to get used to all the features and tools provided by RxJava and Akka.
Reactive programming is a programming paradigm that is different from what most developers are used to. It is really powerful and flexible. Understanding it properly and using it wisely can bring a lot of benefits to your applications.
There is immense interest in Reactive programming right now. While most people can start with it quickly, it’s not always obvious what the differences are between some reactive concepts. RxJava 2.0 is the library we’ll use to put all these concepts into practice, and it will help us develop a robust and well-structured application.
Akka is quite popular as well, however, it’s not always obvious how its artefacts match the Reactive Stream’s API specification. Aside from the theoretical foundation that Reactive programming needs, we will develop a real-life reactive RESTful web application step by step using Spring, Jersey, RxJava 2.0, and Java 9. Throughthis, you’ll get hands-on with all the concepts so you’llbe ready to use Reactive programming in your applications.
Downloading the example code for this course: You can download the example code files for this course on GitHub at the following link: https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Reactive-Java-9. If you require support please email: email@example.com
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : What is Reactive Programming?
- Chapter 2 : Reactivity in Java 9
- Chapter 3 : Introducing RxJava 2.0
- Chapter 4 : Operators
- Chapter 5 : Concurrency and Unit Testing
- Chapter 6 : Akka Streams
- Chapter 7 : Real-Life Reactive Application
- Title: Reactive Java 9
- Release date: January 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781787285620