Make the most of asynchronous android programming
About This Video
Install and set up RxJava for Android development
Implement the Reactive paradigm for Android programming using RxJava
Create cutting-edge, real-world Android apps with Reactive programming.
Writing code on Android is hard. Writing high-quality code that involves concurrent and parallel tasks is even harder. Ensuring that this code will run without unforeseen race conditions is an order-of-magnitude harder. RxJava can help write code for such tasks.
In this course the novice developer will be introduced to a wide variety of tools that RxJava provides to enable them to produce robust and high-quality code for their asynchronous tasks by building a relatively simple application using advanced RxJava techniques to produce a high-quality product.
The starting sections will lead the developer through RxJava's initial setup in the Android environment. Later you will learn about RxJava 2.0 step-by-step by starting off with stock data processing and display. The developer will learn to choose appropriate Schedulers and to use the Retrofit library for remote requests. In the final sections, the viewer will also learn advanced topics such as adding integration to Twitter to process its streaming data by combining it with stock data.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Building Our First RxJava Application
- Chapter 2 : Understanding the Basics of RxJava
- Chapter 3 : Learning to Use Retrofit by Fetching Financial Data
- Chapter 4 : Integrating RxJava 1.0 with RxJava 2.0
- Chapter 5 : Writing Data to SQLite and Schedulers
- Chapter 6 : Error Handling and SQLite Data Reading
- Chapter 7 : Integrating RxJava with Activity Lifecycle
- Chapter 8 : Writing Custom Observables
- Chapter 9 : Advanced Observable Flows Explained
- Chapter 10 : Higher Level Abstractions
- Chapter 11 : The Basics of Subjects and Preference Persistence
- Title: Reactive Programming for Android
- Release date: July 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788626422
You might also like
The Complete Node.js Developer Course (3rd Edition)
Learn Node.js by building real-world applications with Node, Express, MongoDB, Mocha, and more! About This Video …
Reactive Programming in 7 Steps
Handle non-parallel data streams and build event-based applications in just seven steps About This Video Combine …
Kubernetes for Absolute Beginners - Hands-on
Learn Kubernetes in simple, easy and fun way with hands-on coding exercises. For beginners in DevOps. …
The Complete Kotlin Developer Course
Use Kotlin instead of Java. Kotlin is a new language that makes programming for Android or …