Leverage the power of RxSwift to develop responsive iOS application
About This Video
- Get acquainted with common Cocoa and programming patterns with Rx Swift's flexible primitives
- Stop reinventing the wheel by writing complex boilerplate code to manage asynchronous behavior and move on to writing actual business logic
- Get up-and-running with Rx Swift by working with real-world use cases shared in the course
The Reactive approach will help you to write clean, cohesive, resilient, scalable, and maintainable code.Rx Swift belongs to a large family of Rx implementations in different programming languages that all share an almost identical syntax and semantics. We will introduce you to the world of Reactive programming, primarily focusing on mobile platforms. We tell you how you can benefit from using Rx Swift in your projects, existing or new.
We are going to build a simple application that allows people to look up any movie and add it to a favourites list. With this app we will be able to utilize RxSwift to react in real-time to any business logic that could be done through server-side with Google Firebase.
The course will demonstrate how unbelievably easy it is to configure asynchronous behavior and other app aspects that are traditionally considered to be hard to implement and maintain. It explains what Rx is made of, and how to switch to the Reactive way of thinking to get the most out of it.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Getting Started with RxSwift
- Chapter 2: Designing an App with RxSwift
- Chapter 3: Making the App’s Logic Reactive
- Chapter 4: Working with Data in Our App
- Chapter 5: Migration and Testing
- Title: Reactive Swift 4 Programming
- Release date: May 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781787124745